Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 1

          I know that I wanted to include rusted objects into my concentration, so I'm leaning towards revolving around aging and history as my theme. This weekend I took photos of several different rusted and decaying objects around my home. I'm not quite sure if I'll stay with this theme, or if I do how I'll change it, but I really enjoyed figuring out what camera settings to use for the lastest weather and the metal of the rusted objects themselves.








3 comments:

  1. This is a very strong first group of photographs. They all have interesting texture, and all but the first one have dynamic composition with movement and abstraction. They are all unified by the low saturation color schemes as well. The contrast between shiny and dull in the second image from the bottom creates interest. Well done! I'm looking forward to your next group of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decay of objects looks amazing! The color give these photos a really amazing mood! I feel like cats should be part of your theme, but this concentration series is so much more amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really looove your decaying of objects pictures. The colors and the lighting work perfectly togethere. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete