Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 6


          For my concentration I wanted to show decay in both manmade and natural objects. Growing up, I’ve lived in mostly forested areas, and my father is a collector of machinery and old cars. Finding the decaying objects would show the kinds of environments I was raised in. Some elements of design I used were texture, and abstraction. I chose this theme because I love the look of rusted objects.

My first two images are natural decaying objects. In both images I contrast life and death, and I think this strengthens my theme because of the emphasis on the death in both pictures. For example in the second image of the decaying leaf there is a small plant growing through the main leaf, showing life compared to death. In my next section I have seven photos of decaying manmade objects. I use many different principles of design in these images such as contrast, movement, rule of thirds, and point of view. One of my strongest images in this section is the image of broken glass. I edited this image's color in photoshop because I wanted to show beauty in decay. The next section I finished off by creating several diptychs. I wanted to compare and contrast the decay of both natural and manmade objects. The last image of the rotting onion and the rusting spiral is really strong because each image has the same composition, and the warm and cool colors help provide a bit of contrast in the unity.






 
 


  

 

 



1 comment:

  1. All of these pictures are very impressive. Every photo is done amazingly and the diptychs with the natural and man-made objects fit together perfectly. The first photo and the fourth photo are most definetly my favorite!

    ReplyDelete